Saturday, April 16, 2016

Week 1-Lesson Potato Tacos

Welcome to Cooking and Baking Class!! I had a great week meeting all the new kids who are taking my class this trimester. 

This week the kids learned how to properly peel a potato before boiling. They also learned how to check a potato to see if it's done. I taught the kids that when they are in a hurry, dicing a potato will help cook it faster. They also learned how to grate cheese using a hand grater. I introduced the kids to grapeseed oil and taught them that different oils have different levels of smoking and burning. We used grapeseed oil to brush on our tacos to bake them instead of frying them. I taught the kids that whenever possible, choose a healthier oil/fat to cook with and anything can be baked instead of fried.




No comments:

Post a Comment