Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lesson Plan #7

Let me just say...I love mini anything! Not only are mini cupcakes the "IT" thing to have but the idea of bite size anything makes everything taste better. From bite size appetizers to bite size desserts. There's just no limit :)

The kids were introduced to a hand held immersion blender. We used it to make refried beans for our pizza. We used a round cookie cutter to cut the tortillas and make circle shaped crusts for our pizzas.

Jalapenos...most of the kids were not fans of anything spicy. I taught them what makes salsa spicy, the seeds and veins of the pepper. They were properly taught how to cut a jalapeno and removed the veins and seeds (I used gloves and told them never to rub their eyes after working with peppers. Especially, if gloves were not used).

I told the kids they could make bigger pizzas, make a salad and have this dish for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment